Interior Design Ideas for a contemporary Living Room
The living room, obviously, is the first impression, that the guest has of the house, and it is inhabitants. And like any other room of the home, there are certain aspects of a living room, that make up the fundamentals of the décor and overall look. These fundamentals are the colors, design (design and decorating), and also the furniture used in the room. Within the proceeding paragraphs, we will provide you with some ideas on how you can have a smashing modern family room. So, read on, and mark your favorites!
Getting the right living room color scheme goes quite a distance in making the room look beautiful and welcoming. And having furniture, and other accessories within the room, to either complement or contrast these family room colors, is another factor that plays a huge role, in adding to the aesthetic worth of the room. For instance, in a modern family room, you can explore the following options.
- You could have three walls painted inside a light color, and the fourth one out of a dark color.
- You may also have the entire room painted see how to avoid pastel shades, and have contrasting dark drapes and curtains, and furniture in the room.
- You may also have designs painted on a single wall of your living room, like light green vines, on the dark green wall, or the other way around. You can try silver stars on the black wall, too.
Following the colors, the next step that follows, may be the designing and decorating from the living room. Whether it is a small family room design, or a large family room design, you have so many choices to choose from. And if you’re creative enough, you are able to come up with your own, unique family room interior design ideas. Check out some mentioned below.
- You could have an Asian themed modern family room, using deep tones of red, and gold. Have Oriental décor, throughout the house, to give it an authentic look and feel. You are able to enhance it further with ceiling designs. Be mindful, so that you don’t go overboard, or perhaps your living room may end up appearing like an Asian restaurant!
- You may also choose an über slick family room design, with a semi-circular, 8 seater sofa. A specific book shelf, and a modern fireplace, would be the other must-haves for this idea!
- Also try this,is to establish a focal point in your family room. Anything, except the customary couch. What about a huge antique painting, in the actual middle of the room, hung on a glass wall, that separates the diner, the seating area, and the entertainment unit!
Following the designs for the living room, the next matter that you need to do, is develop appropriate living room decorating ideas. You can test out one of the options given below.
- Possess a theme of lights for the living room. Have lamp shades, chandeliers, along with other light fixtures, in the room! Place them at strategic points, so the room does not end up appearing like a lights shop!
- Another family room decorating idea, is to possess some pretty potted plants, in the room. Small flowering plants, and pretty vines, hanging in the windows, will give the room an awesome, and calming effect!
- Yet another idea, is to have a Feng Shui family room. Get all the items that Feng Shui recommends, and also have a gorgeous room, with lots of positive vibes, and energy!
The following aspect that needs to be considered may be the furniture. When you think about furniture, a lot of things that come to your mind, really are a couch or sofa, a dining room table and chairs, and probably an espresso table. But there’s so much more to understand more about, when it comes to living room furniture ideas. Begin to see the tips and pointers below for many ideas.
- Use contemporary furniture for the living room. Contemporary living room furniture oozes with style, and class. It will give your room a contemporary look, and is also very comfortable, and affordable, if you are resourceful enough.
- The color from the furniture is as important as any other facet of it. Light colored furnishings are advisable, only if there are no kids in the home, for very obvious reasons. Besides, dark furniture looks better using the ideas mentioned for design and decoration above!
- Arranging the furnishings in the living room is another main factor. It dictates the amount of space that individuals will have to move about. The right room furniture placemen can help a relatively small family room look big. So ensure that the living room furniture layout works best for the living room, and not against it.